The mission of the CIC Plc Internal Audit Manager will be to offer independent assurance on the effectiveness of the internal control framework. This will in turn help CIC Plc accomplish its broader strategic objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The Scorecard for the Role:
1. Within the first 3 months:
a) Defining and implementing audit objectives and stategies in line with the Group’s bussiness stategy an for all the audits to be conducted.
b) Coordinate & / conduct successful internal audit of 3 operational subsidiaries
c) Provide quality practical (root cause analysis, process improvements, and cost optimization) recommendations to the audited entities and projects.
d) Manage post implementation review to assure close out of audit recommendations captured in corrective action plans to flag out outstanding audit issues.
e) Prepare management reports regularly to other stakeholders (Head of department, Group CEO, Executive Committee, Authorities).
f) Prepare board reports for each of the subsidiaries.
2. Within the next three months:
a) Coordinate & / conduct successful internal audits of another 3 operational subsidiaries and meet expectations (c,d,e) above.
3. Within the first 6 months:
a) Deliver on the remining aspects of the board approved internal audit calendar.
b) Continously meet the provisions of the job description for the Internal Audit manager.
c) Handle any other assignments allocated by the head of function.
1. Should be a strategic thinker, dynamic and adaptable with the matched ability to deliver diverse program improvements.
2. Should possess proven exceptional interpersonal, management, planning, organizational and execution skills.
3. Have a proven track record that demonstrating the candidate’s self-driven and results oriented nature.
4. Must poses a good sense of judgement, be Independent and impartial.
5. Should demonstrate comprehensive written and verbal communication skill.
6. Team player and strong leadership skills.
7. Possess good people management skills; motivation and coaching techniques.
8. Demonstrate a proven track record of gravitas and credibility with senior management, the Board, colleagues as well as externally with strong negotiation and influencing skills.
9. Must be a person of integrity
Educational & Corporate experience
1. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from a recognized University.
2. Professional Accounting qualifications CPA (K) / ACCA/CISA
3. Minimum 5 years’ experience in performing audits of various business lines in accordance with IAA standards with at least 2 years at management level.
4. Mastery of auditing standards (Norms, procedures, manuals, legal and regulatory framework).
5. Mastery of the Audit function fundamentals and specifics
6. Good understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business and operational risk and control processes and Procedures
1. This Manager role will sit within the Group Risk, Compliance & Internal Audit function reporting to the Group Head of Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit.
2. The Internal Audit Manager will primarily support the Group Head of Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit.
3. He/she will also work closely with the managers at various subsidiaries and projects within the Group.
4. The holder of the role will be expected to build synergies between the risk unit and the internal audit unit.
To apply, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Clearly indicate the subject of your email as, “Group Internal Audit Manager”. Please submit your applications before 25th September 2017.